Unique Feature in 10.25
- You can "type in ANY Tamil font, ANY Tamil font encoding" in Phonetic transliteration mode even without creating an XML file. For full details, click here.
Other MAJOR highlights
- It is now further more easier to organise the XMLs you create to "type in ANY Indian language" LFK. For details, click here.
- It is now further more easier to organise the XMLs you create to "type in ANY World language" LFK. For details, click here.
- Thus, you may now perhaps find it as a child's play to organise your XML files.
New 'key mappings'
- You can now "type ௐ" by either typing 'aum' or 'Aum' or 'OM', whichever is convenient for you.
- The mappings for Ma, Mb, Mc, etc. have now been changed, as below, to generate Tamil signs and symbols:
௳ = Ma, ௴ = Mb, ௵ = Mc, ௶ = Md, ௷ = Me, ௸ = Mf, ௹ = Mg, ௺ = Mh
(day, month, year, debit, credit, as above, rupee, number)
1x, 2x, 3x, ..., ..., 0x will continue to generate the Tamil digits (௧, ௨, ௩, ௪, ௫, ௬, ௭, ௮, ௯, ௦), as usual.
Tamil numerals ௰(10), ௱(100) and ௲(1000) can be generated by typing Mx, My and Mz, resp.
- Purna Viram character has been now added to the key mappings of all languages (including Tamil). So, by typing '.x' and '.xx', you can get । and ॥ in all the currently existing Unicode LFKs.
- You can now "type the Indian rupee sign - ₹" by typing 'Rs' or 'rs', whichever is convenient for you. At present, this is possible only for 'Tamil+Unicode+PhoneticTransliteration' LFK.
- The Malayalam Chillus in the XML file have been replaced with single code points.
- The Malayalam Chillu ൿ has been added. Mapping is kx.
- Mappings for 4 new Assamese characters added in the XML file.
Other significant changes
- New options added in 'More Preferences' screen. For details on these options, click here.
- A font viewer utility has been added under 'Tools' menu.
- Menu item 'Languages supported by your OS' has been added under 'Help' menu.
XML files organisation in 10.25
- Starting 10.25, I have given you, the user, full control in organising your XMLs.
- There is no need to play around with the existing LFKs.
- Azhagi+ now holds a separate directory "azXMLs" wherein you can(should) store all your self-created XMLs.
- Whatever XML files you put in here, Azhagi+ will automatically take them into it's system.
- And, if you decided later to remove any of the XML files you stored in the "azXMLs" directory, Azhagi+ will automatically take them out of it's system.
- This way, you have absolute control over the organisation of your XML files now.
Type in ANY Tamil font, ANY Tamil font encoding
- Starting 10.25, I have given you, the user, a unique "first-of-its-kind" feature by which you can type in ANY Tamil font, ANY Tamil font encoding, in Phonetic Transliteration mode, by creating a very simple and straightforward text file of just around 30 lines. Yes, as simple as that.
- For full details - in Tamil (தமிழில்) - on this unique feature, please see anytamilfont-t.html
- To read the above same full details in English, please see anytamilfont.html
Screen snapshot of Azhagi+ 10.25