Spread the news
"When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others" - Chinese proverb
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of the virtues, but the parent of all of the others" - Cicero (106-43bc)
'A noble person is mindful and thankful of the favours he receives from others' - The Buddha
'A noble person is mindful and thankful of the favours he receives from others' - The Buddha
Related page: contribute.html - How you can contribute non-monetarily to Azhagi+?
Please note: Wherever the name 'Azhagi' appears below, it refers to all the freeware of Azhagi.com - Azhagi+ (plus.azhagi.com), Azhagi Android App (azhagi.com/aa) and Classic Azhagi (oper.html).
If at all your time/interest/mood/situation permits, kindly choose to do, on a voluntary basis, one or more of all that I have listed below, plus every other extra possible act you can think of, for creating awareness for all the software which help one for Tamil/Indian/World language computing. I have provided a list of very many useful Indic software at india.azhagi.com.
In my past 19 years' experience (since 1999, as author of 'Azhagi' software), I have seen that 1000s and 1000s are not yet aware of 'language software and tools', though they are very much in need of the same for societally beneficial activities. Hence, your endeavour (in a totally non-obligatory manner) in spreading the news of Azhagi, Azhagi+ and all software of their kind would immensely benefit the global society.
[ Note: I have observed that most people who do not use language software like 'Azhagi' do not take time to realise the 'extent and depth' to which language software are benefiting them (even if they themselves are not using such software) and the society.
This is one of the reasons why people in general do not spread the news of language software like 'Azhagi', resulting in the lack of awareness of language software amongst those who very much need them.
Many who are not using language software like 'Azhagi' are still, all the time, reaping the benefits of language software like 'Azhagi' in an extremely large manner but remaining completely unaware of the same. For them to realise the same, I request them to take time to reflect very deeply upon the umpteen walks of life in which language software are used in providing contents in one's local language (Tamil, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, etc.) resulting in immense benefit to the society -- right from the newspapers read in the morning, to the divine slokas recited, to the devotional songs heard, to the spiritual stories read in Whatsapp, to the inspiring quotes read in Facebook or Twitter, to the spirited poems of poet Bharathi or others read in blogs, to the emboldening film songs read in web sites, to the cheerful jokes read in emails, to the motivational books published, to the huge translation works done, to the college project materials done, to the doctoral theses written, to the variety of reading manuals readied in a variety of organisations, to the various documents/agreements/deeds typed in dtp centers, to the case files prepared in courts, to the status reports generated in police stations, to the umpteen RTI applications drafted, to the awareness notices circulated, to the school educational books printed, to the banners put up in temples/institutions/exhibitions, to the spiritual serials seen, to the divine works published, and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on.
Hence, my very humble request is for my brothers/sisters to kindly consider doing their 'little part' in spreading the news of language software also. In relation to my above request, I just share hereunder one (just one) out of the 100s of messages I receive from users, highlighting how language software benefit the society immensely:
Thanks for all you have done to the society. Because of Azhagi, we are now at ease in communicating with farmers. It helped us a lot to transfer technical knowledge in English to Tamil with ease. Your work is commendable as we see more farmers understand and move closer towards technology if it is communicated in their language.
- Jeypee Farm
So, as you can see, even in the food you eat - every day of your life, language software play a crucial part. Thus, you can realise how even if you are not using Azhagi and if you do not have the need to use Azhagi ever after, still you are getting benefited by it both directly and indirectly.
Actually, in this world and universe, everything is interconnected. One cannot ignore one beneficial thing for the other. Is it not? So, at least now, especially if you are already an user of Azhagi (that too for years together), if at all possible, if you wish to, then kindly choose to do, on a voluntary basis, one or more of all that I have listed below, plus every other extra possible act you can think of, for creating awareness for all the software (esp. the freeware) which help one for Tamil/Indian/World language computing, so that many more of the society (which includes you too) get benefited.
Please note well that even now I am not telling that "you should". I am only saying "if at all possible", "if you wish to". :) Hope you got that right.
For all that you have done in this regard already, thanks a lot. Hoping for more though, considering the vastitude of benefit to the society via language software. ]
- Kindly spread the news of Azhagi free apps to as many as possible, in whatever ways (Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Quora, Skype, Email, Phone, Blog, Website, Google Group, etc.) you can, and request them to do the same.
- If you are a regular user of Azhagi Android App, kindly give your 5* rating (with or without review) to Azhagi Android App at it's Google Play Store listing - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azhagi.inputmethod.azhagi
- If you are a regular user (esp. a long-time user) of Azhagi desktop apps, please see my request at tutorials-writeups-in-quora.html and do your level best to Upvote as many Quora answers as possible. This is one of my foremost requests.
- Even if you are not an user of Azhagi and even if you do not have the need for using Azhagi or Azhagi+, if possible, kindly please download and see what they are and what beneficial things they can accomplish. This will help you while spreading the news of Azhagi in a better manner.
- If possible, become a member of Azhagi's Facebook Group OR follow Azhagi's Facebook Page
- Share a Facebook Post made in Azhagi Facebook Group or Page. If you visit Azhagi's Facebook Group, you can find 100s of posts to share.
- If possible, opt to have your Whatsapp status as 'www.azhagi.com' or 'www.azhagi.com/aa' accompanied by your own message on one of Azhagi's helpful features.
- Share and/or Upvote (esp. if you are a regular user of Azhagi and getting benefited from it immensely) a Quora answer on Azhagi. If you visit my own Quora profile, you can find very many answers to share and/or upvote. For instances, this answer on 'typing in Punjabi' OR this answer on 'typing in Tamil in STMZH fonts'.
- Tweet the article here (as it appeared in 'The Hindu' on Feb 21, 2013) on Azhagi/Azhagi+. To do the same, you can avail the 'SHARE' link at the top of the article.
- Share a Facebook post on Azhagi. If you visit Azhagi's Facebook Group, you can find very many posts to share. For instance, this post (in English) or this post (in Tamil).
- Give a link to azhagi.com as an auto-signature in your emails as some well-wishers of azhagi already do.
- Give a link to azhagi.com from your blog or suggest to the authors of blogs you regularly visit to do the same.
- Give a link to azhagi.com from your facebook page and suggest the same to others who have facebook accounts.
- In conferences and exhibitions related to Tamil and Indian language software, arrange to show a detailed demo of Azhagi+ and Azhagi to the visitors.
- If you are a press/tv reporter, have a report/mention/demo on 'Azhagi' in your newspaper/magazine/channel. For collecting info on Azhagi, please see the section marked as 'writeups' below.
- If you are someone writing proverbs, poems, short pieces of information, etc. in the notice boards of public parks, then kindly consider having a permanent mention* of www.azhagi.com in some prominent portion of the board.
(*) For e.g., a statement like "www.azhagi.com - 100% free multilingual transliteration software".
- Give a link to azhagi.com from your website (please see kaumaram.com for a sample).
- Give a link to azhagi.com from your online group or suggest to the owners/moderators of groups you regularly visit to do the same.
- Have explanatory articles or demos on Azhagi in your own website or suggest to the editors of websites you regularly visit to do the same.
- Have a write-up in your company/college/school/web magazine on 'Azhagi'. For collecting info on Azhagi, please see the section marked as 'writeups' at the bottom.
- If you have written a book using Azhagi, you may please remember to express your gratitude by prominently mentioning "https://www.azhagi.com" and "https://india.azhagi.com" in at least one of the pages in the book (in the foreword or thanksgiving page or wherever you feel apt). The 'india.azhagi.com' page contains a list of almost all the software and online tools which help one for Tamil/Indian language computing and it will be of immense help to the users.
- A write-up on a specific useful feature of Azhagi in an online group or blog will do a great deal of good to the users. For e.g. please see this write-up on Azhagi's Auto-transliteration feature by Mr.Anthony at http://tamilsoftwares.blogspot.com/2009/05/auto-transliteration-on-azhagi.html.
- Have a write-up on 'Azhagi' in your website, blog, group, etc. For collecting info on 'Azhagi', please see the section marked as 'writeups' at the bottom.
- Write* an article in Wikipedia highlighting the various unique/useful features of Azhagi+ and/or Azhagi. Mention the links 'azhagi.com' and 'plus.azhagi.com' in all appropriate wikipedia pages/articles. For e.g., in articles where Indian language software are mentioned or talked about.
(*) This was accomplished by Mr.Dineshkumar in 2012, about whom I have written in ack.html.
- Write to me at email@example.com - your comments, compliments, criticisms, suggestions, bug reports, etc.
- Get to know the history of Azhagi (Innovative, despite odds - a related story in The Hindu) if not known yet. You may also read one of my personal interviews, if not read yet.
- Forward a message you receive on Azhagi in any of the online groups you are member of, to as many as possible, so that many more get to benefit. The aforementioned message talks about Reverse transliteration feature of Azhagi and hence it will be of great help to the members of the various online groups to whom you can forward this message.
- Get to understand the naturalness of Azhagi's transliteration scheme (which helps one to transliterate easily and flexibly) and also Azhagi's other powerful and unique tools like SAT Transliteration, Auto Transliteration, Reverse Transliteration, Dual Screen Transliteration, etc - which are of immense benefit to the society - and kindly spread the news of the same to as many as possible, in whatever ways you can.
- One can effect easy transliteration in Hindi (Sanskrit, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, Oriya, Gujarati, etc.) too. The full features list of Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus) can be viewed here. The full features list of Azhagi can be viewed here. Step-by-step instructions on how to operate Azhagi+ and Azhagi can be read here and here respectively. Kindly spread the news of the aforementioned too, to as many as possible.
. Very many Quora answers
. Features of Azhagi Android App
. Features of Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus)
. Features of Classic Azhagi
. Easy transliteration with Azhagi
. They all use Azhagi
. User Testimonials
. Media Reviews
. You can contribute
. Azhagi's Facebook Group (Azhagi's online support group)
. Azhagi's Facebook Page
NOTE: For those of you who mail/phone me affectionately, conveying your deep wish to contribute to me monetarily and/or help me personally in any other way, please see contribute.html.