In this page, you can find the current betas of both Azhagi and Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus). If in case you need the earlier versions of Azhagi and Azhagi+, they too are available - at befs.html
Azhagi - Beta Versions
Herebelow you can find two beta versions of Azhagi. One of these
beta versions may help solve problems, if any, you face with the current (6.3.1) or earlier versions of Azhagi. So, kindly try one of the beta versions first to see whether it solves your problems. If it does not, then uninstall the existing beta version and try the other one. You can also start using Azhagi+
if your only need is to type in Tamilnet99 or Phonetic mode in Unicode.
12th Aug, 2010 - Azhagi 6.2.9 - SBS2
Azhagi-Setup-629-sbs2.exe - Kindly click this link to download azhagi-6.2.9-sbs2 as an executable file.
4th Aug, 2010 - Azhagi 6.2.9 - SBS1
Azhagi-Setup-629-sbs2.zip - Kindly click this link to download azhagi-6.2.9-sbs2 as a zip file.
- In earlier versions, there was a problem in Windows Vista/7 or XP-SP3 systems when typing in Tamilnet99 or Tamil typewriter input mode (in certain MS-Office applications alone). This beta version solves that problem.
Azhagi-Setup-629-sbs1.exe - Kindly click this link to download azhagi-6.2.9-sbs1 as an executable file.
Azhagi-Setup-629-sbs1.zip - Kindly click this link to download azhagi-6.2.9-sbs1 as a zip file.
- In earlier versions, there was a problem in Windows Vista/7 or XP-SP3 systems when typing in Tamilnet99 or Tamil typewriter input mode (in certain MS-Office applications alone). This beta version solves that problem for Tamilnet99 input mode in MS-Office applications.
- Two new menu items 'OS Version Info' and 'Start Microsoft Wordpad' have been added under 'Tools' menu of Azhagi's Unicode editor.
Azhagi+ (AzhagiPlus) - Beta Versions
There are currently no beta versions available.
AzhagiPlus - Change History
Azhagi+ 10.20 (Released: 14th Mar, 2013)
This is the current GPR (General Public Release) version of Azhagi+ which is presently available for download from the home page.
Azhagi+ 10.19 (Released: 7th Mar, 2013)
- Very minor updates in the contents of the help topics.
- Corrected a few errors in the keywords under 'Index' tab of the help document.
- Two other minor errors rectified.
Azhagi+ 10.18 (Released: 10th Jan, 2013)
- Updated the help document with more significant contents.
- Added an useful facility by which one can now view the key mappings for ALL the languages (LFKs, as such) from within the help document itself.
- Location of 'AzhagiPlus.chm' changed to the root of the installation directory.
- A few other minor changes - additional menu items, etc.
Azhagi+ 10.17 (Released: 23rd May, 2012)
- A few minor changes - additional menu items, etc.
- Caption of 'OK' button in starting screen changed to 'Set/Change the hotkey'.
Azhagi+ 10.16 (Released: 26th March, 2012)
- A few changes in Dynamic key mappings help screen.
- ALL keystroke sequences (as specified here) for Tamilnet99 keyboard layout have now been incorporated. For details, please see multi-np.html.
Azhagi+ 10.15 (Released: 22nd March, 2012)
- Dynamic key mappings help is now available for all languages except Tamil.
- One can change existing key mappings for any LFK (Language+Font+Keyboard) combination, except Tamil+Unicode+PhoneticTransliteration. One can create an entirely new keyboard layout (LFK, as such) itself for processing by Azhagi+.
Azhagi+ 10.14 (Released: 1st January, 2012)
- Dynamic key mappings help is now available for all languages except Tamil, Oriya and Assamese.
- One of the opening screen's button text changed; a new menu item added under 'Help'.
Azhagi+ 10.12 (Released: 17th December, 2011)
- In 'Settings', a new option 'Use my own keyboard layout' was added under 'Other Languages' category.
- The above option is to facilitate the user to change the existing key mappings for any language in any way he/she wants. As such, user can create his own keyboard layout (i.e. an entirely new keyboard layout consisting entirely of his own key mappings).
- Right now, the above facility can be achieved only by a reasonably tech-savvy person who knows to edit ".xml" files. Also, this is my first attempt on providing this facility. Hence, it awaits user-feedback on 100% perfect functioning. Instructions for editing .xml files will be given later after sufficient positive user-feedback.
- Also, right now, the above facility can be utilised to change key mappings (or create an entirely new keyboard layout) only for Devanagari script (i.e. Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi, etc.)
Azhagi+ 10.11 (Released: 23rd November, 2011)
- Dynamic (see-as-you-type) HELP for key mappings. At present, this is only for Hindi. Future versions will have 'dynamic help' for all languages.
- Right-clicking the 'language indicator' icon (of Azhagi+) in system tray will now show/hide the 'Dynamic Help' screen.
- 'Hotkeys' button added to 'static help' screen which when clicked will list the currently set hotkeys.
- Main opening application interface changed considerably.
Azhagi+ 10.10 (Released: 14th Nov, 2011)
- A concise help file (AzhagiPlus.chm) has been added.
- Links to topics in the abovementioned help file added under 'Help' menu of Azhagi+. For e.g. 'Contents'.
Azhagi+ 10.9 (Released: 12th Nov, 2011)
- In Win Vista/7, for Oriya, system's language bar was not displaying 'OR' after pressing the hotkey for typing in Oriya. This has been rectified.
- A few other minor internal changes.
Azhagi+ 10.7 (Released: 9th Nov, 2011)
- LFKs for Unicode transliteration in Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Oriya and Assamese added.
- Left-clicking the 'language indicator' icon (of Azhagi+) in system tray will now show/hide the in-built keymappings help screen.
- Right-clicking the 'language indicator' icon (of Azhagi+) in system tray will now show details for hooked application, hotkey pressed and LFK.
Azhagi+ 10.6 (Released: 24th Oct, 2011)
- Inbuilt help for Hindi key-mappings provided.
- Button captioned 'Key Mappings - Help' added to Azhagi+ opening interface.
Azhagi+ 10.5 (Released: 7th Oct, 2011)
- LFKs for Unicode transliteration in Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam added.
- Small changes in Azhagi+ opening interface.
Azhagi+ 10.4 (Released: 4th Sep, 2011)
- LFKs for Unicode transliteration in Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi and Konkani added.
- Small changes in Azhagi+ opening interface.
- In 'Settings', a new category (Other Languages) and options under it were added.
Azhagi+ 10.3 (Released: 20th Aug, 2011)
- An option 'Two consecute agara uyir-meys rule' was added under TamilNet99 input mode.
- If the application in which input was being done was closed abruptly without pressing F10 (or the required hotkey) to come back to normal typing mode in English (or user's default language), the language indicator icon (say 'TA') remained intact in the system tray, in earlier versions. In this version, in such abovesaid cases, the language indicator icon will get removed from the system tray within 5 seconds.
Azhagi+ 10.2 (Released: 12th Aug, 2011)
- Tamil+Unicode+Tamilnet99 got added.
- Unlike Azhagi, Azhagi+'s Tamilnet99 input mode allows a rule (specified by Tamilnet99 standards) which ensures that if an agara uyirmey is typed twice consecutively, a diacritic is added to the first one. For e.g. tha+tha = iththa.
Note: Some users are not in favour of using this rule and hence future versions will have this rule as an option.
Azhagi+ 10.1 (Released: 29th April, 2011)
Following options were added under 'General' section of 'Other Settings'.
- Start Azhagi along with Windows
- Start Azhagi silently (i.e. show it's system tray icon alone)
- Pressing 'X' (Close) button minimizes Azhagi to tray
- Start Azhagi minimized (i.e. show in taskbar)
- Show balloon-tip info at Azhagi startup